All statins are
not the same.
Get to know LIVALO®.
We’re in this together.
Are you experiencing challenges with your current cholesterol medication? If so, you’re not alone.
According to a survey studying usage of statins (the largest known cholesterol survey conducted in the US,
involving 10,138 respondents):
Stopping statins due to side effects: Of former statin users,* more than 6 in 10 stopped their statin due to side effects.
Stopping cholesterol treatment
Problems with statins were the leading reason people stopped taking them. More than 6 in 10 survey respondents (62%) said they stopped their statin due to unpleasant [undesirable] effects, such as muscle pain and/or weakness.
Drug interaction potential:More than 8 in 10 were taking at least one product with the potential to interact with a statin.
Drug interaction potential
Most (84%) used at least one product (prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal/vitamin) that is known to have the potential for drug interaction with a statin.
Source: Cohen JD, Brinton EA, Ito MK, Jacobson TA. Understanding Statin Use in America and Gaps in Patient Education (USAGE): an internet-based survey of 10,138 current and former statin users. J Clin Lipidol. 2012;6(3):208-15.
LIVALO — A statin medication that is processed differently in the body than most statins.
Ask your doctor if LIVALO may be right for you.
Drug interactions with LIVALO:
- •If you are taking cyclosporine, do not take LIVALO.
- •Caution should be taken when using LIVALO in combination with other cholesterol drugs like niacin and fibrates, as this may increase your risk of serious muscle problems.
- •Avoid use with gemfibrozil.
- •Some drugs, like erythromycin and rifampin, may lead to drug interactions and require a lower daily dose of LIVALO when used in combination.
Select Safety Information about your liver and LIVALO:
Anyone with active liver disease should not take LIVALO. Serious liver problems have been reported rarely in patients taking statins, including LIVALO. Your doctor should do liver tests before you start, and if you have symptoms of liver problems while you are taking LIVALO. Tell your doctor right away if you feel more tired than usual, have a loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark-colored urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
LIVALO — a cholesterol-lowering medicine that may be less likely to interact with certain other medications.
Treating high cholesterol can be a challenge — but especially if you’re taking multiple medications. Are you afraid that your statin medication may interact with other medications you are taking? It is not uncommon for people to not fill their statin prescriptions due to fear of drug interactions between their statin and other medications they are taking.
Ask your doctor if LIVALO may be right for you.
Doctor visits can feel short. Remembering your questions can be hard.
A discussion guide can help. DOWNLOAD YOURS NOW
LIVALO has multiple benefits and
has been proven to:
- Decrease LDL "Bad" cholesterol
- Increase HDL "Good" cholesterol
- Decrease Triglyceride (TG) levels
Is LIVALO right for you?
LIVALO has been proven to be effective in improving cholesterol levels.
LIVALO lowers LDL "Bad" cholesterol up to 45%Source: LIVALO Prescribing Information.
(at the 4 mg dose) and up to 39% (at the 2 mg dose) —
making LIVALO an effective choice for a statin.
Is LIVALO right for you?
Things you should know about LIVALO.
- •Take LIVALO tablets once a day, every day at any time, with or without food, as long as prescribed by your doctor.
- •You can continue to drink grapefruit juice while taking LIVALO. Because of the way LIVALO is processed in the body, it may be less likely to interact with grapefruit juice.
Ask your doctor if LIVALO may be right for you.Learn more about how to take LIVALO below.↓
Eligible patients may
GET YOUR SAVINGS CARD
pay as little as $18 a month*
*Details: For patients with commercial insurance, on each 30-day supply, the Savings Card will save you on out-of-pocket costs that exceed $18 (up to a maximum of $75) on up to 12 LIVALO prescriptions. For patients who receive a 90-day supply, the Savings Card will cover up to a maximum of $225 off. For cash-paying patients, on each 30-day supply, the Savings Card will deduct from your out-of-pocket costs that exceed $18 (up to a maximum of $75) on up to 12 LIVALO prescriptions. Use of this Card does not create any obligation or involve any past or future purchase requirement. You are not eligible if prescriptions are paid by any state or other federally funded programs, including, but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, or TriCare; or where prohibited by law. Please see eligibility criteria, along with offer terms, on the Savings Card. Certain rules and restrictions apply.
Things you should know
when taking LIVALO.
- Take LIVALO tablets once a day, every day, at any time, with or without food, as long as prescribed by your doctor. It’s even okay to continue to drink grapefruit juice.
- Store LIVALO tablets at room temperature, in a dry place, and out of the reach of children.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, crush, dissolve, or chew.
- Your doctor should do blood tests to check your cholesterol levels before and during your treatment with LIVALO. Your dose of LIVALO may be changed based on these blood test results.
- If you miss a dose of LIVALO, take it as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for the next dose. Do not take double doses. Do not take more than 4 mg once daily.
- It is important to tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including nonprescription medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
Eligible patients may pay as little as
SAVE on your LIVALO prescriptions. GET YOUR LIVALO SAVINGS CARD
Important Safety Information for LIVALO® tablets
Who should NOT take LIVALO?
LIVALO is not right for everyone. Do not take LIVALO if:
- •You have a known allergy to LIVALO or any of its ingredients.
- •You have active liver problems, including some abnormal liver test results.
- •You are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant, as it may harm the baby.
- •You are currently taking cyclosporine or gemfibrozil.
What is the most important information I should know and talk to my doctor about?
- •Call your healthcare provider or get help right away if you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as rash, itching, or hives.
- •Muscle problems may be an early sign of rare, serious conditions. Tell your doctor right away if you have any unexplained muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness, particularly if accompanied by malaise or fever, or if these muscle signs or symptoms persist after discontinuing LIVALO.
- •Serious liver problems have been reported rarely in patients taking statins, including LIVALO. Your doctor should do liver tests before you start, and if you have symptoms of liver problems while you are taking LIVALO. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you feel more tired than usual, have a loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark-colored urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- •Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medications you take including nonprescription medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
- •Increases in blood sugar levels have been reported with statins, including LIVALO.
- •Tell your doctor about your alcohol use.
What are the most common side effects of LIVALO?
The most common side effects of LIVALO in clinical studies were:
- •Back pain
- •Muscle pain
- •Pain in the legs or arms
This is not a complete list of side effects. Talk to your healthcare provider for more information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of all drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store and take LIVALO?
- •Store LIVALO tablets at room temperature, in a dry place, and out of the reach of children.
- •LIVALO can be taken at any time of day, with or without food.
- •Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, crush, dissolve, or chew.
Other important information I should know about LIVALO.
- •LIVALO has not been studied to evaluate its effect on reducing heart-related disease or death.
- •LIVALO is available by prescription only.
For additional information please see the full Prescribing Information.LIVALO is a registered trademark of the Kowa group of companies. All other trademarks are the properties of their
© Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. (2014)
All rights reserved. LIV-MT-1364 August 2014
This site is intended for US Residents ages 18 and over.